The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide quality and efficient customer service to customers through the daily management of a team of employees to include motivating, recognizing and rewarding, coaching, counseling, training and problem solving. Additionally, the Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Director of Customer Service with development, training, scheduling, and reward/recognition programs. Coordinates customer service efforts with other customer service locations and other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, develop, and implement procedures to improve the organization and efficiency of the department.
- Plan, prepare, and devise work schedules, according to workloads.
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers.
- Establish work procedures and processes that support company and departmental standards, procedures, and strategic directives.
- Respond to Account Manager requests in a professional and timely manner escalating those beyond individual accountability.
- Provide daily direction and communication to employees so that customer service calls are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring and development of team members to include but not limited to training, probationary and annual performance appraisals.
- Respond to and resolve employee relations issues expressed by team members; create and maintain high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Prepare customer service metrics reports, scorecards, and distributes to appropriate staff.
- Monitor calls and provide performance feedback and coaching to each team member on a regular basis.
- Consult with Sales, Purchasing, Warehouse, and Operations as needed to address customer inquiries or concerns.
- Serve as an immediate resource for the team; be available for employees that experience work problems. Provide appropriate coaching, counseling, direction and resolution.
- Ensure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
- Use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns.
- Monitor call volume and answer calls in queue as needed; provide back-up support for the team.
- Attends management training classes and the annual National Sales Meeting.
- Other projects as assigned and needed
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in customer service.
- 4+ years of call center experience.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Experience working within a distribution company preferred.
- Knowledge of respiratory therapy, anesthesia, and surgery a plus.
- Proficient in the use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong leadership capabilities. Able to set a positive example for others.
- Ability to maintain high degree of motivation in team members to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to provide and support a vision and direction.
- Always works with honesty and integrity.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintain professional image including but not limited to presentation, communication, and deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with customers and co-workers, and peers.
- Ability to accurately assess a situation and identify, resolve, and escalate if necessary, customer problems.
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with situations via telephone while maintaining and promoting a positive company image. Able to diffuse an upset customer and/or an intense situation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to present information and solutions in a professional manner.
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Veteran