The Director of MIS is responsible for strategy, development, deployment and maintenance of the Company’s enterprise application platform. The role will have direct responsibility for leading the consolidation of the company’s planning, distribution, finance, sales and marketing efforts into a centralized, integrated business management system. The Director of MIS collaborates with internal customers to identify and prioritize business requirements and deliver business and technology solutions with a focus on process transformation from planning through implementation. The Director of MIS will work closely with the Director of IT to enhance our technology platform and develop and execute our digital transformation strategy moving forward. The Director of MIS will work to identify “best in class” technology solutions and ensure Sarnova’s enterprise applications are positioned to support our long term growth strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and execute Sarnova’s technology roadmap and digital transformation strategy. Continuously evaluate current technology, industry and social trends, assess capability gaps and align target state.
- Advise and educate senior and business leaders on technology trends and considerations for the organization.
- Responsible for planning, designing and implementing appropriate digital experiences across relevant business touch points / processes.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend enhancement considerations to the enterprise application platform to increase operational efficiency and support Sarnova’s growth plan.
- Support the organizational initiative of process re-engineering by involving client departments in process flow analysis and work re-design.
- Ultimately responsible for day-to-day operations of the enterprise application platform – including Dynamics GP, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, O365, OnBase, etc.
- Establish and maintain the enterprise application platform and related controls that ensure system integrity, process and data quality and enhances the Company’s value.
- Work with project management resources to develop best practice processes and systems for managing the project portfolio including driving measurable improvements in the areas of project controls, quality, timeliness and budget management. Provide well-defined implementation plans including procedures, resource plans, deadlines, and accountability.
- Stay current on business processes relating to the business applications within the internal customer departments to provide comprehensive support. Apply various analytical tools and techniques to increase quality, productivity, and overall effectiveness of client departments.
- Collaborate with IT on issues relating to infrastructure planning, deployment, support and development.
- Develop high performing team through selections, training, performance management, and rewards and recognition.
- Conduct preliminary evaluation for all business application project requests. Review requirements, specifications, test, support and training plans to ensure they are in line with business objectives on projects.
- Communicate project recommendations, status and results to Senior Leadership Team.
- Minimum of ten years enterprise applications experience including ERP and CRM platforms.
- Minimum of five years’ experience implementing technology platforms within a distribution/supply chain organization.
- Minimum of five years managerial experience.
- Advanced Project management and implementation best practices including waterfall and agile projects.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, finance, and business applications for midsized or enterprise organizations.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to work in a team environment while making independent decisions.
- Strong managerial and conflict resolution skills. Ability to train, coach and mentor associates while providing actionable performance feedback.
- Strong organizational skills including effective time management.
- Advanced analytical skills; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence and communicate at all levels.
- Adept at presenting ideas, concepts and vision in user-friendly language to a non-technical audience.
- MIS Application Support Manager (3 direct reports)
- BI Analyst
- SharePoint Administrator
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan. EEO/M/F/Veterans/Disabled