The Customer Service Manager is responsible for providing quality and efficient service to customers through the daily leadership of a team of Customer Service Representatives, Administrators, Team Leads, and Licensing Coordinators. They are responsible for motivating, recognizing, rewarding, coaching, counseling, training and problem-solving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select, develop, motivate and lead staff to ensure attainment of customer service goals and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure associates have appropriate training and resources to meet customer needs.
- Monitor and communicate key performance metrics.
- Develop and implement on-going quality and process improvement programs to optimize service levels.
- Plan, prepare, and maintain staffing levels to meet customer needs and workload.
- Monitor calls and provide performance feedback and coaching to each team member.
- Consult with Sales, Purchasing, and Operations as needed to address customer inquiries.
- Respond to Sales requests in a professional, timely manner escalating those beyond individual accountability.
- Provide daily direction and communication to CSRs to ensure inbound calls are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Monitor call volume and answers calls in queue as needed; provide back-up support for the team.
- Ensure compliance with customer licensing requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of five years customer service experience in a call center environment; strong preference for applicants with distribution industry experience.
- Minimum of three years supervisory/leadership experience.
- Knowledge of respiratory therapy, anesthesia and surgery a plus.
- Strong leadership capabilities; ability to project a positive example for others to follow.
- Ability to effectively train, coach and mentor associates.
- Experience designing, implementing and leading process improvement and changing initiatives.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of motivation in team members to retain focus on providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to clearly articulate direction and inspire the team to work towards a common goal.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated individual who can work in a team environment, as well as make independent decisions.
- Experience developing, documenting and implementing processes and procedures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability communicate and influence across functions and at all levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of products.
- Ability to calmly and effectively diffuse difficult situations via telephone/email.
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Veteran