Sarnova is the leading national specialty distributor of health care products in the emergency medical services (EMS) and respiratory markets. The company operates through several market-leading distributors including Tri-anim Health Services, the largest specialty distributor of respiratory products, Bound Tree Medical, the largest supplier of EMS products, EMP and Cardio Partners, a full Sudden Cardiac Arrest Solution provider that specializes in CPR Training, Program Management, AEDs, Defibrillators, Accessories and Service.
We offer more than 100,000 health care products to 20,000 hospitals and emergency care providers across the country. Sarnova is the only national distributor that can offer expertise and support across multiple specialty health care markets.
Assist the Accounting Department in creating timely and accurate financial statements and compliance and tax filings. Must have a strong accounting background and be knowledgeable in accounting systems, general ledger, and account reconciliations. Will perform special financial projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Complete monthly, quarterly and annual sales and use tax compliance
· Generate reporting from ERP system to assist in tax filings
· Assist Accounting team in month end close cycle
· Reconcile and maintain all Prepaid Asset accounts
· Reconcile and maintain sales tax liability GL accounts
· Reconcile other GL accounts, including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
· Assist in other tax filings (Income tax, personal property tax, use tax returns, etc.)
· Research and respond to customers (both internal and external)
· Research taxability of items on state-by-state basis
· Research and respond to tax notices
· Prepare state and local business license filings
· Assist in preparation for sales tax audits
· Prepare government information requests as needed. Formulate and recommend appropriate responses to questions/issued raised on government form(s).
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
· Three plus years of related experience.
· Sales and use tax return preparation experience
· Experience in General Ledger account reconciliations
· ERP System experience (preferably Microsoft Great Plains)
· Strong computer skills. Experience with Microsoft products: Excel, Word, etc.
· Develop working knowledge of accounting system used by the Company for sales, purchasing, inventory control, and accounting
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.