The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide effective support and guidance to a team of AR Specialists. Leading by example to best serve the customer and to help the company meet its objectives through the appropriate application of customer payments, credit/rebills, write offs, refunds and invoice processing. Ensure the team operates in a manner that appropriately reflects the standards of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Evaluate, develop, and implement procedures to improve organization and efficiency of departmental processes.
· Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Suggest methods to improve area operations, efficiency, and service to both internal and external customers.
· Establish work procedures and processes that support company and departmental standards, procedures, and strategic directives.
· Provide daily direction and communication to employees.
· Recruit, hire, and develop team members with the AR Manager; including but not limited to training, probationary and annual performance appraisals.
· Respond and resolve employee relations issues expressed by team members; create and maintain high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
· Serve as an immediate resource for the team; be available for employees that experience work problems providing appropriate coaching, counseling, direction and resolution.
· Ensure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their job.
· Use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns.
· Provide back-up support for the team and coverage when an employee is out. Plan, prepare, and devise work schedules, according to workloads.
· Consult with Accounting, Purchasing, Credit/Collections, Warehouse, and Operations as needed to address issues.
· Provide audit testing support to accounting/auditors as requested.
· Complete other projects as assigned.
· 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in AR & customer payment application.
· 2+ years Supervisory experience
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an integrated accounting system.
· Experience working within a distribution company preferred.
· Proficient in the use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Strong leadership capabilities. Able to set a positive example for others.
· Ability to maintain high degree of motivation in team members.
· Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal customers, co-workers and peers.
· Ability to accurately assess a situation and identify, resolve, and escalate issues if necessary.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to present information and solutions in a professional manner.
· A team of 6-8 AR Specialists.
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.