The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the receiving, shipping and inventory control for the distribution facility. This role will also be supervising the warehouse staff and overseeing the pharmaceutical stock room, distribution, storage, handling and inventory control of the pharmaceutical process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and ultimately be accountable for unloading trucks, checking-in merchandise, matching purchase orders to bill of lading/packing slip.
- Regularly perform quality control checks on outgoing orders to ensure accuracy.
- Supervise and, as needed, assist with receiving, i.e. purchase order receipts, data entry on company computer system, scanning, labeling, and sorting.
- Make arrangements for LTL pick-ups.
- Ensure compliance with all DEA, FDA and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Monitor and confirm records on incoming shipments, and resolves receiving variances.
- Troubleshoot and resolve receiving, shipping and inventory control problems.
- Ensure daily accuracy and completeness of all outbound shipping orders.
- Implement and maintain a program for inventory control—receiving/ shipping, documenting, and adjusting product.
- Monitor and measure Receiving/ Shipping performance for accuracy, receiving reporting, movement and storage of material, and transfers to other DC’s.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Manage the warehouse staff including maintaining proper staffing levels, planning and coordinating work, training and motivating employees, evaluating performance, coaching and disciplining employees as needed.
- At least two years of verifiable full-time managerial experience with a prescription drug wholesale distributor licensed in Florida or another state.
- Three to five) years’ experience working in a Warehouse.
- Must be able to maintain certain state certifications regarding state and federal laws governing the distribution of prescription drugs.
- Experience driving a fork lift.
- Ability to work in fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Strong managerial and conflict resolution skills. Able to effectively train, coach and mentor personnel; provide current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment – forklift, pallet jack, etc.
- Basic computer skills. Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Able to operate UPS/FEDEX online software.
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly through verbal and written means.
- Must be able to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Excellent documentation and record-keeping abilities.
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan. EEO/M/F/Disabled/Veteran