Sarnova is the leading national specialty distributor of health care products in the emergency medical services (EMS) and respiratory markets. The company operates through several market-leading distributors including Tri-anim Health Services, the largest specialty distributor of respiratory products, Bound Tree Medical, the largest supplier of EMS products, EMP and Cardio Partners, a full Sudden Cardiac Arrest Solution provider that specializes in CPR Training, Program Management, AEDs, Defibrillators, Accessories and Service.
We offer more than 100,000 health care products to 20,000 hospitals and emergency care providers across the country. Sarnova is the only national distributor that can offer expertise and support across multiple specialty health care markets.
The Customer Care Representative is primarily responsible for answering in-bound calls from customers wishing to place orders, inquire about an order, or resolve an issue. This position requires an individual who demonstrates care and empathy, a focus on results, and strong communication skills in working across many departments on behalf of the customer.
In this role for Sarnova, you are our brand ambassador delivering delight in every interaction. You help deliver the right product, in the right hands, and in the right amount of time. You impact your line of business through empathy, order quality, first call resolution and promoting satisfied customers leading to growth, retention and advocacy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Order Management: Answer Inbound Calls, Process orders via multiple channels, Email customer confirmations, follow-up and provide status information to customers, process drop-ships, prioritize and perform daily follow-ups to ensure timely resolution, review orders for accuracy and make changes to existing orders, provide pricing when requested, route special orders using the appropriate process, ensure that order drops to fulfillment without delay
• Customer Communication: Collaborate with other internal departments on behalf of the customer, explain basic products and services,
• Customer Resolution: Research and resolve billing and pricing inquiries, evaluate customer concerns and resolve to customers satisfaction, resolve any order issues that impede same day shipping, determine and authorize credits/rebills and product returns,
• Administration: Filing as necessary, perform other duties as assigned by management
• One to two years of customer service experience.
• Strong computer skills. Basic understanding of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Experience should include an environment where calls were monitored and scored as well as metrics applied to individual and team performance.
• Able to successfully work in a changing environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Ability to accurately assess a situation, identify and resolve customer problems.
• Ability to deal calmly and effectively with situations via telephone while maintaining and promoting a positive company image. Able to diffuse an upset customer and/or an intense situation.
• Must possess self-motivation and the initiative to exceed customer expectation.
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to present information and solutions in a professional and courteous manner.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to handle call load and still finish other duties.
• Experience working within a distribution company preferred.
• Emergency Medical or Hospital related experience a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed in a temperature controlled office or home-office environment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit or stand 80% of the time.
• The employee will occasionally lift and or carry up to 25 lbs.
• Employee may use computer, phone, copier and other office equipment in the course of a day.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk 20% of the time, stand 10% of the time and sit 70% of the time.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, touch and use tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, bend, stoop, twist, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, grasp, talk, hear, and walk during the course of employment.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and an ability to adjust focus.
• Employee may be required to travel for business purposes.
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan. EEO/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
Our mission is to be the best partner for those who save and improve patients’ lives. Excellence in delivering upon our mission is dependent upon having a diverse team that is empowered to bring their full, authentic self to work each day. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity.